Motion Proposer(s): Petar Lachev, (KU62903)
Motion Seconder: Salem Al Busmait (K1556157), Klunder Wojciech (K1628114)
Union AGM Notes (This is what the author believes to be fact, eg “Most students owe money in the form of student loans)
- HSCE students are on work placements for half of the year; therefore they are less likely to become involved with the UKS, societies and sports clubs.
- HSCE students’ work placements are often located outside Kingston University grounds, which can result in students feeling isolated and reduce contact time to access university support services.
- HSCE students are often mature, and may have dependants; Kingston University often falls short in supporting these students’ needs during their studies due to reasons listed above in points 1 and 2.
Union AGM Believes (This is much more opinion-based, and if passed, will become the policy of Union of Kingston Students. eg “Student debt is not a good thing”)
- That the Kingston Hill Officer should work closely with the HSCE Faculty’s Management Team, attend related meetings, and help the faculty become more focused to incorporate student activities.
- There should be an increase in HSCE students participating in student activities – sports, societies and volunteering.
- The Union should strive to include and make events tailored to HSCE students.
Union AGM Resolves (This is the main thrust of the motion and gives the practical mandate to Union of Kingston Students, eg “For Union of Kingston Students to campaign against student debt)
- To carry out research into the experience of students on HSCE courses.
- To improve campus integration alongside the UKS to help provide better access to sports clubs, societies and other services.
- Lobby for the Kingston University to invest more finances in order to provide more activities for HSCE students.
- All UKS officers should be mandated to help deliver this motion once passed.