The Societies Working Group (SWG) is made up of 5 Student Representatives that are elected by societies at the annual general meeting; one to support each society subgroup. Faith, Academic, Liberation and Campaigns, Cultural, Arts & Activities SWG are elected to ensure that all Societies are fairly represented within the Union and the University, helping the development and delivery of Societies at Kingston University. The group also supports the societies office in the planning and running of Union Society events including Global Festival, Society & Volunteer awards and Fresher's Fayre. SWG meet monthly during term time to:
- provide feedback on operational issues affecting societies
- plan and assist the delivery of key events
- Attend Subgroup activities and assist societies with annual planning
- facilitate decisions made at Societies AGM
- allocate society funding on a monthly basis
Who is on SWG this year?
- ACADEMIC REP - Smriti Viswesvaren – email@example.com
- LIBERATION AND CAMPAIGNS REP - Matt Debenham- firstname.lastname@example.org
- CULTURAL REP AND SWG - Temilola Adewusi – email@example.com
- ARTS & ACTIVITIES REP - Sian Hazelton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faith Rep - Muhammad Sabri – email@example.com
PERKS? Elected members of SWG will receive:
- free society awards ticket
- an award trophy in recognition of their work on the awards night.
- free Global festival hoody and t-shirt
- 15 points towards your Kingston Award
- One member of SWG will be voted as chair in the first meeting and this member will represent societies in union exec meetings.
For more information please see the Society Working Group Role Specification